Students enrollered at the University of Rennes (previously RENNES 1) for the academic year can borrow a laptop computer for the academic year at the university libraries. Students from component institutions (EHESP, ENS Rennes, ENSCR, INSA Rennes and Sciences Po Rennes) are not eligible for this facility.
The laptops are available at the 3 universities libraries (BU), subject to stock availability.
The loan lasts until 28th of June of the current year. A loan contract is signed by the Documentation department management and the borrowing student.
Borrowers have administrator rights to the computer.
The laptops loaned by the university have a basic configuration and are intended for standard use (Internet browsing, text editing, etc.).
Computer configuration (purchased in 2020) :
- Integrated Intel UHD graphics card for 10th generation Intel Core i3-10110U processor
- EPEAT 2018 certification (Silver)
- 10th Generation Intel Core i3-10110U (2 Core, 4M cache, base 2.1GHz, up to 4.1GHz)
- 14" HD (1366 x 768) non-glare non-touch screen, webcam and microphone, WLAN enabled
- Backlit power button without fingerprint reader
- Latitude 3410 Bottom Door Included
- 8GB, 1x8GB, of non-ECC DDR4 memory
- 500GB SATA 7200rpm 2.5" hard drive
- 65 W AC adapter 1 European power cord
- 3-cell 40 Wh battery compatible with ExpressCharge technology
- Qualcomm(R) QCA61x4A 802.11ac dual band, 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.2 wireless card
- WLAN Driver DW1820
- No mobile broadband card
- HDD support
- Integrated grey backlit French keyboard (AZERTY)
- Waves Maxx Audio
- Windows 10 (windows 11 for some laptops)
- How to borrow?
You will find below how to book a computer with a loan option. This online step is compulsory.
It will be closed when stocks run out. The page will be updated accordingly.
You must have a confirmed Sesame account to make a reservation.
1 - Log in to your "compte lecteur" (library account)
If you are not already authenticated at the University of Rennes, please authenticate yourself:
Once you are identified, click on the image corresponding to your institution an return to this page to continue to the next step.
2 - Once you are connected and identified, click on your BU below.
3 - Click on "Options d'accès" (Access options) then "BU Drive" (after logging in to the library account).
The mozilla browser may block this action and not open the expected window. In this case, you have to permit the pop-up.
Do not change the default to-pick-and-collect site!
If you see the above message, there are no laptops available for this BU. You can check whether laptops are available in the other 2 BUs. If so, you will need to select the BU where the laptop is available as the to-pick-and-collect site.
The laptop will awaits you at the BU where it is in stock.
4 - Once you are in your"compte lecteur" (library account), click on "Confirmer la réservation".
5- The library team will handle your reservation, which may takes a few days. You are then notified on your student email when your laptop is ready to collect. You have 5 (working) days to collect it at the reception desk of the chosen BU. After 5 days, your booking lapses.
- At the reception desk
Please arrive preferably between 9.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. and expect to be on site for around 20 minutes.
- It is necessary to provide
- your student card (or identity card if you do not have one) ,
- your confirmed Sesame ID ( in order to open an initial session on the computer),
- your BU borrowing card: preferably your Korrigo card or, in its absence, your student card
The library team will give you :
- The laptop
- A charger
- A backpack
- A copy of the contract to be kept for the entire duration of the loan
Borrowing the computer is registered on your "compte lecteur" (library account).
Once you have collected your laptop, you are responsible for it, its backpack and charger for the entire loan period. You must therefore take good care of it.
Contact details for assistance are specified in your contract.
In the event ofdamage, you will be required to pay a penalty of 100€ within three months of returning the items.
- Return the laptop: Friday 28th of June 2024
Laptops are loaned for the academic year, until 28th of June.
On return, please bring back :
- the cleaned computer
- the charger
- the cleaned bag (washed if necessary)
- your copy of the contract
A dirty computer or bag may be refused by the team.
This contract will be held by the parties for three months after the laptop has been returned. This will give the IT department the opportunity to check the computer's state and, in the event of any neglect, to contact you again and request damages of 100 euros.
As with borrowed documents, the laptop must be returned on time!
- We send you an email reminder 2 days before the loan period expires
- You will receive a 1st overdue message by email when you are one week late and you cannot borrow a new document
Your account is suspended: you can no longer borrow new documents or use the library account services such as extension or remote loan.
The suspension period is equal to the delay (10 days delay= 10 days suspension).
- You will receive a 2nd overdue message by email when you are 2 weeks late
- After two overdue messages, you will receive a 3rd email, with "arrêt-dossier" [blocking of your file in registrar's offices]. You won't be able to validate your year.
To remove this « arrêt-dossier », please go to the library and return your items, then regularise your situation with the library team. They will inform the registrar's office.
Happy using it! Thank you for taking care of the university's hardware.