Your librarians remain mobilized to provide you with online support.
- in the event of a technical problem, choose to open a ticket in the helpdesk (link also present on the description pages of online resources)
For a more general question, we can help you:
- by email to bu-contactlistes [dot] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
- by chat, by clicking on the "A question" widget at the bottom right of the website pages
A very large online documentary collection
Online resources are available 24h7, This online library Is a precious tool to keep on looking for information while libraries are closed!
Are you familiar with online resources?
These are the following:
- more than 100,000 ebooks available,
- more than 70,000 fully or partially accessible online journals,
- numerous databases.
How to access it ? How to consult them?
Getting information with Supernova
Supernova is the search engine of the university libraries, wether on campus or online.
In other words, you may access the online documentation to which the university has subscribed using Supernova, with the exception of certain resources, mainly in law that are not yet indexed by this search tool.
Supernova covers :
- Rennes 1 library catalogue (books, ebooks, journals),
- databases and online journals to which Rennes 1 has subscribed (journals articles, ebooks, ebook chapters, etc.)
- some open access library resources.
Supernova allows you to get direct access to full text of the results (articles, ebooks, etc.).
You can then:
- read them online,
- download them when the publisher’s platform makes it possible.
List of online resources
Do you know all the resource you might be interested in? Dalloz, Science Direct, , and also Europresse to browse French and international online press, Cairn which provides journals and ebooks in human s and social sciences, etc.
See the list of online resources directly from the website.
By clicking on a resource, you will access its detailed page on which are displayed a link to the resource and a description and in somes cases a video tutorial.
- You can filter the list of resources by discipline or nature of the resource, on the right side of the page.
- Do not go through the ENT anymore to access online resources: by directly using the link https://bibliotheques.univ-rennes1.fr/ressources, you will spare several clicks and may be have quickier access in case the ENT would be overloaded
Exceptionally Open or Expanded Resources During COVID-19 Pandemic
You have temporary access to extended resources from publishers and database providers in light of COVID-19 pandemic :articles, videos and content not ordinary available.
- List of temporaly free resources reported by the libraries of Université de Rennes 1
- Almost every scientific and medical publishers offer free access to content related to coronavirus
- La National Library of Medicine (NLM) provides a central access to them on the LitCovid site , which is daily updated
- Presse médicale française [French medical press]: French health media have also created an information platform on COVID-19
- More temporaly open or expanded resources that may interest you:
Annual Reviews publications offer thematic syntheses of scientific articles. Each publication has a specific subject and groups articles covering most of the major publications from previous years. The disciplines concerned are numerous. The whole catalog is open until April 30.
Emerald is an editor in management economics. Free access to the "COVID-19" documentation.
During the universities' shutdown, whole collection of journal archives is freely available, including 26 public health journals.
University publisher of scientific and medical books and journals. Free access to the "COVID-19" documentation.
Presses Universitaires de Rennes (PUR) allows free consultation of almost 1,500 books in their catalog during confinement.
access to 500 key textbooks across Springer Nature’s eBook (textbooks in English) in science, economics and health.
Issues of all journals since 2001 are open free of charge until June 30.
There are many tools to help you access online documentation. We offer two proven browser extensions: Library Access and the Istex button.
Library Access is a browser extension developed by Lean Library, which pops up as a contextual window and gives you a gateway to the document you want to read, regardless of the path you have chosen to make your research.
It is triggered :
- because the University has subscribed to a platform that hosts the article you want,
- because an open access version is available somewhere,
- because it is possible to order it through interlibrary loan
- and there are many more possibilities!
Installing Library Access (Lean Library) on your computer ,is very easy.
Add the extension to your browser by downloading it, and choose Université Rennes 1 from the "Select your library" drop-down menu. For proper operation, the "Skip the pop up" box should not be checked.
Hints and tips for online resources
A page presents all the hints and tips of online resources.
You should report to these pages in following cases:
- you face technical problems
- you want to make easier to use Google Scholar
- you want to discover other access services easy to access online
ISTEX: scientific archives
Since 2011, the programme for the purchase of national licences, followed by the ISTEX project, has brought together the various Scientific and Technical Information actors around a common objective: providing online access to retrospective collections of scientific publications to the broader Higher Education and Research community.
Each year, new collections are made available on the platform: journal archives, ebooks, databases, text corpuses. In addition to making these documents available online, the platform also includes a range of value-added services, such as the possibility of searching texts and content.
Some examples of available corpus:
- 200 books published by the Royal Society of Chemistry between 1968 and 2014,
- BMJ medical journals from origin to 2013,
- Emerald economics journals from origins to 2010, etc.
There are many gateways to the ISTEX archives:
- The contents are indexed in Supernova, you will find them by a search in your libraries search engine
- he ISTEX platform itself
- The development team provides a series of tools to easily access and exploit articles: an extension for Firefox, an API, etc.
- The Istex Button browser extension is described in our dedicated Hints and Tips page, as well as the Library Access extension, which will make it easier for you to access the online documentation