Introduction to Supernova
Supernova is the search engine for the libraries' documentary collections,whether printed (on the shelves) or online.
• books, ebooks, journals titles in the catalogue of the University of Rennes, ENS Rennes, SciencesPo Rennes and INSA Rennes libraries,
• journals articles, ebooks, ebook chapters in the databases and online journals that the university subscribes to
• in some open access library resources.
So you can find:
• books, journals, thesis, physically available in the libraries of the University of Rennes and its partners,
• but also ebooks, scientific articles from the many journals and databases to which the university has subscribed and from open access sources.
Some resources are not or only partially referenced in Supernova. You can also browse the databases directly from the website, rubrique Online resources page.
Accounts available in Supernova: Sesame authentication, library account and MyEBSCO account
University of Rennes authentification
By default, you access Supernova in "guest" mode, without being recognised as a member of the University. This connection allows you to login with your Sesame ID, access Supernova's additional functions and directly access the online resources subscribe by the university.
Library account ("compte lecteur")
You need to log in to your library account to check your loans, make your drive request "BU drive" or extend your loans...
By creating a MyEbsco account, you can access Supernova's customised services: creating projects, accessing your research history, etc.
Explore a new search mode: the concept map
Search by concept, in the form of a map or grid with this new version of Supernova.
You can build your search by discovering the concepts and terms associated with it.