Book a group study room
A group room reservation lasts a minimum of 1 hour (30mn at the BU Beaulieu) and a maximum of 3 hours.
You can book a maximum of 6 hours of group room reservations per week.
- BU Beaulieu
14 rooms are available for booking:1 room for 1 to 2 people (La Bulle), on certain days only
6 rooms for 2 to 4 people
6 rooms for 2 to 8 people
1 room for 6 to 12 people (the training room), Saturdays only
- BU Centre
Ground floor: 5 rooms including 1 shared room are available.
- 1 room for 2 to 10 people (shared room)
- 2 rooms for 2 to 6 people
- 1 room for 2 to 8 people (room with video-projector)
- 1 room for 2 to 4 people
1st floor: 4 rooms including 1 shared room are freely accessible.
Maximum capacity varies from room to room. Please respect the maximum number of people allowed indicated on the door.
Book a carrel
A carrel is available for reservation at the BU Centre - patio. Available for 1 or 2 people maximum.
A carrel reservation lasts a minimum of 1 hour, a maximum of 3 hours.
You can book the carrel for maximum of 6 hours per week.
How to book?
1. Online, directly with the tool
Book a seat via the online seat reservation system (Libcal), using your institutional email address only.
- University of Rennes: @univ-rennes.fr, @etudiant.univ-rennes.fr,
- Rennes 2 University: @univ-rennes2.fr, @etudiant.univ-rennes2.fr
- CHU: @chu-rennes.fr (for the BU Villejean Santé only)
- EHESP: @eleves.ehesp.fr ou @ehesp.fr
- ENS: @ens-rennes.fr
- ENSC Rennes: @ensc-rennes.fr, @eleves.ensc-rennes.fr,
- INSA Rennes: @insa-rennes.fr,
- Sciences Po Rennes: @sciencespo-rennes.fr, @etudiant.sciencespo-rennes.fr
You can select short or long slots via the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
2. With the librarians
For all others cases, please contact the library in which you wish to come and work. Librarians will be able to book a seat for you.
You can contact us by email atbu-contactlistes [dot] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr ( )bu-contactlistes [dot] univ-rennes [dot] fr ( bu-contact[a]listes.univ-rennes.fr.)
3. Confimation email
In all cases, you will receive a confirmation email to the address used for the reservation, containing the details of your booking and your reserved seat number. Keep this email well!
You are late
After a 20-minute delay, your reservation may be cancelled by the librarians so that another group can use it.
Change the language of Libcal
You can change the language of our booking system using the drop down menu at the bottom of the Libcal page. Choose to have it speak English, Spanish, Chinese or Irish.