What is an interlibrary loan?
Interlibrary loans (ILLs) enable any Université de Rennes library users to receive a document located in another French or international institution.
The SUDOC cataloguing systems indicates ILL availability for documents in French libraries.
Submit a request
Our form enables you to submit your ILL request in just a few clicks.
You can receive:
a book, thesis, dissertation, journal issue: the document is sent by the lending library, which sets out the loan periods.
a book chapter, journal article: the loaning library sends a photocopy. You can keep it as it is now your property.
We will send you an email when the requested document arrives at the library.
Collect the document
You will receive an email when the document arrives .
To collect it:
- BU Centre: reception desk (hall)
- BU Villejean Santé: information desk (first floor)
- BU Beaulieu: reception desk (hall)
The number of requests made at the same time is limited to:
- 5 for books
- 10 for articles
Any person submitting a request undertakes to collect the documents and pay the related fees.
A request cannot be cancelled once received by the recipient library.
Turnaround times and loan terms:
- the turnaround time is generally one week.
- the loan is strictly personal.
- the loan terms (loan period, home loan or consultation, authorisation to make photocopies or not) are set out by the lending libraries.
- For copies of articles or chapters of books, only a hard copy is sent to users in order to respect the publishers' requests who do not want libraries to send pdf files to users
- the average loan period for a book is about 3 weeks.
- If you need to extend your loan of a PEB[ILL] document, please send us an email at pebuniv-rennes1 [dot] fr
- in the event of loss or damage, you must replace or reimburse the book.
For students, lecturers and staff of the Université de Rennes: the ILL fee is currently suspended.
For registered external library users: rates vary according to the documentary institution providing the document. The rates below represent the general case. In a particular case, with different rates, we will inform you of the price billed before processing your request and you will have the option of cancelling it
Last update: 2022/07/01