Dedicated pages to unfold
On our website main page, in the Find a Document menu, you will be able to unfold a sub-menu to find infos on online resources.
Here we offer you a quick overview
A very large offer of online documentation
Online resources are available 24/7, perfect to search for info whenever, wherever !
Are you familiar with our online resources?
- more than 100,000 ebooks available,
- more than 70,000 fully or partially accessible online journals,
- numerous databases.
[Source : Libraries key figures] in french.
Looking for documents with Supernova
Supernova is the search engine for the university libraries documentation, whether on sites or online.
In other words, you may access the online documentation to which the university has subscribed using Supernova, with the exception of a few resources (mainly law databases).
Supernova covers :
- Université de Rennes 's library catalogue (books, ebooks, journals),
- databases and online journals to which the Université de Rennes has subscribed (journals articles, ebooks, ebook chapters, etc.)
- some open access resources.
Supernova allows you to get direct access to full text of the results (articles, ebooks, etc.).
You can then:
- read them online,
- download them when the publisher's platform allows it.
List of online resources
Do you know all the resources you might be interested in? Dalloz, Science Direct, all the academic online resources to which the university has subscribed, and also Europresse to browse french and international online press, Cairn for journals and ebooks in the humanities and social sciences, etc.
See the list of online resources directly from the website.
By clicking on a resource, you will access its detailed page on which are displayed a link to the resource and a description, and in somes cases a video tutorial.
- You can filter the list of resources by discipline or type of resource, on the right side of the page.
- By directly using the link https://bibliotheques.univ-rennes1.fr/ressources instead of going through your ENT, you will spare several clicks and have quickier access in case the ENT would be overloaded.
There are many tools to help you access online documentation. We offer two proven browser extensions: Library Access and the Istex button.
Library Access is a browser extension developed by Lean Library, which pops up as a contextual window and gives you a gateway to the document you want to read, regardless of the path you have chosen to make your research.
It is triggered :
- because the University has subscribed to a platform that hosts the article you want,
- because an open access version is available somewhere,
- because it is possible to order it through interlibrary loan
- and there are many more possibilities !
Installing Library Access (Lean Library) on your computer is very easy.
Add the extension to your browser by downloading it, and choose Université Rennes 1 from the "Select your library" drop-down menu. For proper use, the "Skip the pop up" box should not be checked.
ISTEX : scientific archives
Each year, new collections are made available on the platform: journal archives, ebooks, databases, text corpuses. In addition to making these documents available online, the platform also includes a range of value-added services, such as the possibility of searching texts and content.
Some examples of available corpus:
- 1200 books published by the Royal Society of Chemistry between 1968 and 2014,
- BMJ medical journals from origin to 2013,
- Emerald economics journals from origins to 2010, etc.
There are many gateways to the ISTEX archives:
- The contents are indexed in Supernova, you will find them by a search in your libraries search engine
- The ISTEX platform itself
- The development team provides a series of tools to easily access and exploit articles: an extension for Firefox, an API, etc.
- The Istex Button browser extension is described in our dedicated Optimize your online documentation search page, as well as the Library Access extension, which will make it easier for you to access the online documentation
Optimize your online documentation search
The page Optimize your online documentation search presents a series of buttons, tools and browser extensions for :
- open access to Université de Rennes documentation and access the full text of articles and other online resources
- use extensions to discover other online resources
- evaluate the relevance of citations
Solve the most common technical problems
The solve technical problems page lists the main known technical problems and solutions to solve them.
You encounter any other difficulties, or the solution proposed didn’t work? Your librarians are available to provide you with online support during opening hours.
- in the event of a technical problem, choose to open a ticket in the helpdesk (link also available on the description pages of online resources)
For a more general question, we can help you:
- by email to bu-contactlistes [dot] univ-rennes [dot] fr
- by chat, by clicking on the "A question" widget at the bottom right of the website pages